Warm Up for Today's Lesson
-Write a response to the following in the Blackboard Discussion Forum: Warm Up 10/3
- How is your source review process going so far?
- What are you having success with?
- What are you struggling with?
- From your source, pick a quote type it in your response. Try to cite it in MLA.
-While you write you responses, I will take roll. We will discuss your responses after.
What Will We Be Doing Today?
- GN grades
- MLA citation and integration of sources
- Peer Review Workshop
- Continue Drafting
General Format: (Author Last Name, pg. #)
Example: (Burke 31)
General Format: Last Name, First Name. "Title of Article." Title of Journal, vol #, issue #, date of publication, page numbers. Database, doi #/URL
Alonso, Alvaro, and Julio A. Camargo. "Toxicity of Nitrite to Three Species of Freshwater Invertebrates." Environmental Toxicology, vol. 21, no. 1, 3 Feb. 2006, pp. 90-94. Wiley Online Library, doi: 10.1002/tox.20155.
Peer Review Workshop
- Upload your source review to the Blackboard Discussion Forum: Source Review Workshop #1
- Who will you review?
- Open a Word or OneDrive? document and save.
- At the top of the document, write:
- Reviewer: [your name]
- Read the review and look for the following:
- Introduces the source?
- Does the review summarize and/or state the purpose?
- Does the review state why the source is useful or how it supports the Online Exhibit?
- Is there a citation?
- Upload your review to the writer's thread. (If you are using OneDrive?, make sure to copy share link: edit; no sign in required)
- Finish Source Reviews
- Source Reviews are due on Wednesday, October 5th at 11:59 PM in Blackboard.