2. Reminder: Extra Credit--Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Do an analysis of how it works as an urban fantasy story
- Discuss how it works in establishing its world, since it's a stand alone story built in a "known world."
- Due Next Class Period, Dec. 6
3. PEER REVIEW
- Work in Pairs
- Read your work for at least ten minutes, ALOUD, to "test drive it" before an audience
- Go over your written primary review
- Go through the manuscript as well.
- Be mindful of time so you get through both MSs? by nex time.
- Dec 1 (Today)--Peer review in pairs
- Dec 6--Cover letter workshop; second stories will be graded and returned
- Dec 8--Class party and celebration of our work
- Dec 12--E submission deadline including:
- Story #3
- Cover Letter
- Bcc or screen shot me with confirmation your story has been submitted
- Mallworld submissions due to me by 12-14. Book will be ready by the end of the year (Hopefully, Christmas, but I don't want to over-commit)
5. Next time:
- Cover letter workshop
- Remember the samples I shared
- Come to class knowing the market you are going to submit to!
Reba's Senior Show opens tonight at 6 pm in the Library