From Last Time/Desde La Última Vez:
- Read selections on "How writing is about learning"
- Be working on your website
"To be prepared is half the victory."
Miguel De Cervantes, born September 29th
3. Writing time
- Invisible writing activity
- For you personally, how does reading affect your writing?
4. Writing and cognition
- Learning--define it?
- Have them finds some
- Give them Vygotsky
- Parse it out
- Writing Process
- Goal setting
- Writing and the brain (challenges and possibilities)
- The social layer
- "Embodied cognition" (74
- Cognition and metacognition 76
- Habituated practice (and the remedy) 77-8
5. Genre: Do EACH of the following activies:
- Text someone about something
- Write a social media post. If you want, complain that your prof is making you do it. Post it
- Write me an email in which you Give me the URL of your web portfolio.
- Write a list of everything you have to get done by the end of the day. (on a post-it)
- Write a four line poem about anything (in your journal)
6. Portfolio Two:
- Review Assignment
Also in your journal, write briefly (sentence or two only) on the following
- What did you do when you wrote each of these different kinds of writing?
- Caroline Miller says "Genre is social action." Based on what you just did, what do you think she meant?
8. Next Time/La Próxima Vez
- Read Yancey, Robertson, and Taczak, found in Blackboard
- Write Your abstract reflection, over "HOow? Writing Reflects Belief Systems, Writers Always Have More to Learn, and Writing is About Learning), submitted in Blackboard.
- Review Proftfolio Two Assignment (see Number 6)
- Email Dr. E the web address to your web folio. You will answer roll on Tue by briefly showing your Web folio to the whole class.