1. Attendance and Welcomes
2. A bit about my own grant writing history
3. Note Web Syllabi and Texts;
- note that the CRITICAL THING is to CHECK The Daily Agenda every day!
- Major Assignments due on BB
- Note SCHEDULE WILL BE FLEXIBLE; we are counting on other people
- Note that if I say (or anything I write says) Carlson, I mean McElrath? (Carlson wrote the first three editions, so the name is imprinted pretty deeply in my brain).
4. Note: we are working with the Food Bank of the Coastal Bend to help them develop regular pantry service for clients who are senior citizens; note class history
6. Discussion of Service Learning
7. Note workshop nature of class; it will, once we get under way, run a lot more like a business meeting than a traditional class
8. BREAK--Read McElrath? 'Introduction' and 'Lesson 2' from Karch and Fox
9. Overview of the grant writing process; look at the way McElrath? and Karsh and Fox books are organized.
10. My process:--See handout Attach:Gapworkshop.doc
11. Note planning memo; be working on that. Note what it will involve.
13. Discussion of McElrath? and Karsh and Fox.
14. Next time:
We meet next time at 7 pm on Thursday, January 24th at the Food Bank of Corpus Christi
It is at 826 Krill Street. Please be on time, or, better yet, 5 minutes early. They are staying open late for us. I will give directions in class; you can also use Google Maps. We will meet in the Administration Building.
Audience: What Granting Agencies Want.
Getting Ready to Write.
- K&S, Lesson 4.
- Mikelonis et al, Planning and Audience Analysis.
- Abstract Reflection Due over what we read today (McElrath? Introduction and K&S Ch. 2)
- Note Planning Memorandum (Due Two Weeks from Tonight)
- Have questions ready for Food Bank Staff about our grant.
- If you have problems accessing the textbook, let me know.
- Note both books are available on Kindle editions from Amazon at far less that list price.