2. Questions? Answers?
- 11-3 Briggs 7-9
- 11-8 Workshop Story 2
- 11-10 Workshop Story 2
- We still have page count due on Fri.
- Find your BB group under the "Review Groups" tab. (I will set these up in class)
- Your story must be posted to BB by 8 am on Monday
- Post your story in "Discussion Board" in "Peer Groups Story 1"
- Create a thread with your name in it: “Slegathor’s Story One” or use the title and your name, as in “Too Profound to Live by Slegathor.”
- You will print or download each story
- You will read each story in advance (two for Tue, two for Thu)--we will decide who now--Forget not
- You will be PRIMARY RESPONDENT for one story, and you will provide extensive marginal and in text notes for the other.
- Primary response will be written prior to class; one copy will go to me, and one will be given to the author.
- Your primary response will be submitted in the BB Assignments section in the "Your Primary Response" folder; your grade for your primary response will be reflected in your final story grade.
- Here are:
- You will read (parts of) your story aloud to your group mates in class
- We will spend literally all next week on this, or three full hours of class time.
4. Fantasy Races
- Has anybody tried to use them?
- Definition of race
- Physical Similarity
- Giants (All Hail the New York Giants . . .)
- Goblins and Orcs (not the same thing, darned Tolkien)
- Halflings/Hybrids (not just hobbits--darned Tolkien again)
- Nonwestern Mythology
- Grow your own . . .(Note Lackey should out on 307)
- If you use them, they should be believable individuals and (for their function) effectively drawn characters.
5. Review/Share time as you think best
6. Next time: Briggs 7-9