From Last Time/Desde La Última Vez:
- Write We will peer review the first part of your "person profile" next time. 3 hard copies, or one way of reliably sharing drafts.
- Bring An example of multimodal writing you like to class (this is how you will answer roll)
- Read Attach:Ball.pdf (you can read it here, or sign in to blackboard to read it)
Note this site: https://imgflip.com/memegenerator
2. Questions? Answers? Review upcoming schedule.
3. Writing time:
- Take out a piece of paper
- What do you need to know, and what help do you need, to finish your Portfolio Three (specifically, your video or podcast AND your infographic, Spark, or Sway
- Turn it in
- New London Group outlines five "modes" in which meaning is made
- They are Linguistic, Aural, Visual, Gestural, and Spatial
- What is a mode? Mode "is complicated to distribute equal emphasis on how meanings are created, delivered, and circulated through choices in design, material composition, tools and technologies, delivery systems, and interpretive senses."
- "is complicated to distribute equal emphasis on how meanings are created, delivered, and circulated through choices
in design, material composition, tools and technologies, delivery systems, and interpretive senses"
- Multimodal does NOT automatically mean "digital"; it's writing that appeals to more than one different way that we learn, or that the mind relates to the world.
- What could be some non-writing, non electronic multimodal pieces?
5. Peer review
- Read your document aloud
- Follow along
- Look for and note:
- Things you liked:
- Things you'd like to know more about
- Editorial stuff
- Mange time to you spend an equal amount of time on each author's work
The goal is to be thorough, not to get done quickly.
6. Next Time/La Próxima Vez:
- Write Turn in your Weekly Refleciton, on the 3rd postliteracy reading and on Ball, in Blackboard
- Write Your "Person Profile" is due. Turn in a PHYSICAL, PRINT copy to me. Also, post it on your eportfolio.
- Come Prepared Tue will be an in class workshop of your video or podcast. I will have headphones with Mics, and I will help you do what you need to in your document.