2. Questions? Answers?
3. Cover Letters:
- http://www.sfwriter.com/ow09.htm (the author has won the Hugo and Nebula)
Activity: Browse some of these. What do you notice?
4. Moon Called
- What do you notice about her technique?
- Notice in particular how she makes use of US and World History
- Humor on 'dogness' of werewolves.
- Other reactions?
- Why do you think this book was so popular? What can you learn as an author who wants to sell books?
5. Workshop time
- Final Page Count Due tomorrow
- Final Reading Reflection over "Creatures of Myth and Legend" and the end of Moon Called Due 11-22 (Tue)
- The Tue we come back from break, shoot for having a completed draft of story #3 ready.
- Nov 29--general workshop and question and answer time--bring writing device to class
- Dec 1--Peer review in pairs
- Dec 6--Cover letter workshop
- Dec 8--Class party and celebration of our work
- Dec 12--E submission deadline
- Story #3
- Cover Letter
- Bcc or screen shot me with confirmation your story has been submitted