From Last Time/Desde La Última Vez:
- Write Complete your genre analysis; turn it AND your reflection (same assignment as PO 1) in BOTH blackboard and on your web folio
- Read this: http://www.beyondliteracy.com/introduction/
- Begin your multimodal writing project
- Answer with your a thought or reflection about genre
2. A Beta test: Which would be most likely to make you want to find out more about this class?
3. http://www.beyondliteracy.com/introduction/ Listen the way it was intended to be https://soundcloud.com/beyond-literacy/episode-zero (10 minute podcast)
4. Journal time:
- what was it like to read it?
- what was it like to listen to it, only, with out text?
- What is the difference in content?
4. More on the topic
- What did you think of the reading?
- The demise of literacy?
- The rise of post-literacy
- Literacy as "visible language"
- Literacy as a "tool" that is being "replaced"
5. Begin learning Camtasia.
- Some basics.
- Note you can get a 30 day free trial, or you can use it in here.
- Software basics
- Screen capture
- Downloading and editing Youtube
- Adding sound
- Producing the video--KEY Part
6. Discuss multimodal assignment--
- You have a role in creating this assignment.
- Basically, you'll have to write something and create the same, or a complimentary message, in at least two different media.
- Do you want to do a "Harvey Triptych?" or would you like to do individual projects?
- Example: League of Women Voter's Guide to the election (chosen because today is the election; note it lays out the issues, but does not recommend how to vote)
- Traditional format: http://www.lwvtexas.org/files/CAVG_2017_Eng_Final.pdf
- Multimodal format: http://www.lwvtexas.org/elections.html
7. Next Time/La Próxima Vez:
- Make a Youtube channel (all videos can be COMPLETELY private; mine doesn't have my name on it)
- Write/Create a video, using Camtasia or some other video editing software, that shows people how do a relatively simple but mutli step on the computer (uploading a video to Youtube is a good one, but you can do others). Upload it to Youtube and send me the link.
- Showing the video in class will be your attendance next tiem.
- Read http://www.beyondliteracy.com/what-is-post-literacy-part-1/ OR listen to it: https://soundcloud.com/beyond-literacy/episode-one-the-alphabet-its (they are complimentary, but not identical)