Thoughts on (Open Educational Resourses)
I use OER in two ways--to help my students learn stuff, and to help them do stuff.
- Wiki itself
- Daily Agendas https://falcon.tamucc.edu/wiki/CEtheridge/January232018
- Google Doc
- For Groups https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-7a1exz5WJMIfJRdRcQWq00nn0tlhyP0LwTLDvN57Oc
- For Individuals https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B32zwbv9wU_3Z3g5eTE3T3JrMmc
- You have to decide if you want students to or
- Also, Office 365 (for current students) and BB Groups
- Video for my own class: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hio9Mqle268
- Intro for an online class" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pIMZN_5GC8
- When students can't go to a place:
- Interviews with Experts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0lDEs8oOV8
- Class activity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9-J_2eCNm8 (raw video I used this to teach transcribing techniques)
Wide variety of research information--Google for yourself:
- Journals (just in my field)
- Many are peer reviewed and have high quality editorial board
- Universities are (slowly) coming around to recognizing them as co-equal w/print journals, but it's been a slog . . .
- Reference (there are a bunch)
- Books (too many to mention)
- Google Scholar -- books and articles https://scholar.google.com/schhp?hl=en&as_sdt=0,44
- Google Books -- books.google.com
- One example--note it's a complete facsimile of the 1st edition of an important book https://books.google.com/books?id=36paAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Hamlin+Garland&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiZz_ugl9jaAhUY1mMKHay9C7M4ChDoAQhEMAU#v=onepage&q=Hamlin%20Garland&f=false
- A book emerging online
- Book written by scholar http://www.beyondliteracy.com/introduction/
- Note that comments, additions, corrections, and conversations about the topic emerge as part of it (comments on left, scholarly comments on bottom of each chapter)
- Accompanying podcasts https://soundcloud.com/beyond-literacy/episode-zero
- Note to the right that there are comments to podcast
- A book emerging online
- Libre Office. ...
- Google Docs, Sheets and Slides. ...
- Microsoft Office Online. ...
- WPS Office Free. ...
- Polaris Office. ...
- Soft Maker Free Office. ...
- Open365. ...
- Zoho Workplace.
- Machete Video Editor Lite (Windows)
- Avidemux (Windows/Mac/Linux)
- We Video (Cloud-based)
- VSDC Free Video Editor (Windows)
- Wondershare Filmora (Windows/Mac)
- Blender (Windows/Mac/Linux)
- Lightworks (Windows/Mac/Linux)
- Shotcut (Windows/Mac/Linux)
- Free Audio Editor
- Ashampoo Music Studio 2018
- Acoustica Basic Edition
- Blog Spot
- Word Press
- Google Sites
Presentations that combines text and images
- An infographic
- Examples: https://www.columnfivemedia.com/9-infographic-design-examples-that-will-leave-you-inspired
- Free Apps/Software to make them: http://www.creativebloq.com/infographic/tools-2131971
- Pictures, words, and Motion
- An Adobe Spark or Microsoft Sway Presentation
- Spark Examples: https://spark.adobe.com/gallery/education/
- Get the free software: https://spark.adobe.com/
- Sway Examples: https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2015/07/16/sway-use-case-series-3-small-business-sways/
- Get software free: https://sway.com/education/
- You also have access because you have the Office 365 because you are a TAMUCC student: https://it.tamucc.edu/Office365/Office365.html
- L O L Builder
- Meme Center
- Make a Meme
- Wondershare Filmora
- Animated Gif Maker
- Create Gif.net