From Last Time/Desde La Última Vez: Thursday Oct 19
- You have an independent assignment that will be accomplished in lieu of class
- Read Devitt, in Blackboard.
- Do the following internet genre activity
- Find a good definition of a "meme"
- Find three memes you think are funny (download them or record the URL)
- Find three memes that you get that you don't think your parents (or I) would get (download them or record the URL)
- Find three memes that you don't understand (download them or record the URL)
Next Tuesday Oct 24
- Write Weekly Reflection 6 (On Bawarshi and on Devitt); submit in Blackboard
- Read Freedman and Medway, in Blackbaord
- Be prepared to answer roll, in class, with your answers to Thursday's activity
I learned that you should feel when writing, not like Lord Byron on a mountain top, but like child stringing beads in kindergarten, - happy, absorbed and quietly putting one bead on after another.
Brenda Ueland, Born Oct. 24
- Do meme activity above
- Share definition of meme
- Share ONE funny meme
- Share ONE meme you don't think your parents would get
- Share ONE meme you don't get
2. What does this teach us about genre?
3. Writing Time
- write a poem that tells a story in 3 haiku
- haiku is an ancient Japanese form
- three line poem
- first line is 5 syllables, second line is seven syllables, third line is 5 syllables
5. Share w/ class
6. Reading about patent:
- What is a patent?
- Where do patents come from?
- How has patent law changed?
- What do patents say about the social systems they enforce?
7. Portfolio Two:
- Review Assignment
8. Next Time/La Próxima Vez:
- You need to bring in the two genres you are working on
- Begin your analysis