Prior to class: https://youtu.be/UUX_Vv6Rpvs
2. Peer Review plan
- You are in a group on Blackboards based on the Genre Survey
- You can find your BB group under the "Review Groups" tab.
- Your story must be posted to BB by 8 am on Monday
- Post your story in "Discussion Board" in "Peer Groups Story 1"
- Create a thread with your name in it: “Slegathor’s Story One” or use the title and your name, as in “Too Profound to Live by Slegathor.”
- You will print or download each story
- You will read each story in advance (two for Tue, two for Thu)--we will decide who now--Forget not
- You will be PRIMARY RESPONDENT for one story, and you will provide extensive marginal and in text notes for the other.
- Primary response will be written prior to class; one copy will go to me, and one will be given to the author.
- Your primary response will be submitted in the BB Assignments section in the "Your Primary Response" folder; your grade for your primary response will be reflected in your final story grade.
- Here are:
- You will read your story aloud to your group mates in class
- We will spend literally all next week on this, or three full hours of class time. Real writers get response!
3. Exile's Honor
- What did you notice about craft?
- Note how Point of View controls the story
- Alberich's reaction
- Selenay's reaction (note we are in her 'head' more than we have been before; what purpose does this serve?)
- A battle scene without the battle?
- Read some
- Peer review according to the abovementioned criteria.
5. Next time: Peer review
- Stories must be posted to BB by 8 am on Monday