Announcements - No face-to-face Seminar Classes for Today! In lieu of class, please look over this page and complete the online assignment in Blackboard. The details are below and on Blackboard! This is a hard deadline: you must turn in your assignment by the end of the day.
Learning and Memory: Myth Busting Workshop
Remember that the paper has a basic 3X3X3X3 structure
- 3 Learning or Studying Myths
- 3 Learning and Memory Strategies based on psychological research
- 3 Applications of Strategies to real learning or studying situations at school or work
- 3 Sources cited in-text with a corresponding page of References
Other important requirements for this Essay/Report
- APA title page
- An abstract
- Traditional essay structure with an Introduction with thesis, body paragraphs, and a conclusion (Note: the assignment instructions provides a lovely thesis statement that you could revise and make your own!)
Suggestion: It would be wise to revisit the Learning and Memory chapters in your Psychology Book! This should help you get some ideas for your introduction and the a quick review will help jog your memory about the concepts you are writing about in the Myth Busting Essay/Report.
This assignment will be graded by using the following assessment criteria:
- Meeting the requirements of the assignment
- Quality of writing
- Quality and integration of sources
- APA Formatting and Citation
- Demonstration of foundational knowledge about Memory and Learning from the Psych book and Lecture
Setting Revision Goals in Today's Class with Self-Review
Look at the assessment criteria above and determine the area with which you need the most help. Based on your evaluation, you will need to choose a revision option:
- Conference with Me (M and W 3-4; T 12:00-4:30)
- Office Hours with Dr. Zoccolillo (make sure to make an appointment: W 9:30-10:30//R 8:30-9:15)
- Writing Center Consultation
- Peer Review
You will need to turn in a brief document that identifies which areas of your paper need the most work and revision. Use the assessment criterion to help you identify weaknesses. Let me know what needs work and what are your plans for revision.
- The Writing Center and I can help with writing, citation, and all things APA.
- Dr. Z can help with all that too, but he is guy you want for getting a better handle on the content!
- Peers can make be helpful too with the revision process!
In the Seminar Blackboard, look at Assignments in the Learning and Memory Folder. This is due by midnight on April 10th, tonight.