Pitch Your Purpose, Audience, Genre
- Come to class on Thursday (Today) ready to pitch your idea to peers and the professora!
- Pitches should only be compelling and convincing while only lasting 2 minutes!
- Everyone will pitch his or her idea for the purpose, audience, and genre for the proposal.
- Your pitch should include the following:
- Your choices for Purpose, Genre, and Audience
- Rationales or justifications for these choices
- Evidence of Research
The academic presentation is it own genre. In order to create and compose with authority and with conviction, you will need to make certain you understand the conventions of this genre. The best way to do this is to conduct some research!
Here is a link to get you started: The Academic Presentation.
Read this link to give an idea of some the "best practices" and conventions of this genre.