"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
- Use the resources available to you to foster succes!
- Hint, hint visit me during office hours or by appointment.
- Hint, hint visit the Writing Center
Draft Feedback and Using the Rough Draft Rubric to Start the Revision Process
|Introduction & Thesis|
|MLA & Textual Evidence|
|Critical Thinking & Audience Connection|
Thesis Statements...Get One!
- Y'all are struggling with these still.
- Thesis statements should be arguable and debatable claims you are going to prove in your paper.
- Check out the OWL: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/545/01/
- REMEMBER -- YOU WERE GIVEN A THESIS STATEMENT SAMPLE. YOU SHOULD USE IT!
- Everyone who turned in a draft should have feedback about this draft from either me or Professor Hartman
Let's look at a Sample Writing Project 1
Portfolio Folder in Blackboard
- The Writing Process
- Writing is a Social and a Rhetorical Activity
- REVISE, REVISE, REVISE.
- READ and REVIEW the MLA Documentation Guide. Then, clean up your MLA documentation as best you can. If you are using anything from Wooster's lecture...you need to cite it!
- Bring your most recent electronic version of WP 1 to class on Thursday.