!!Let's Learn About and Start the Writing Process
Prewriting for the Critical Analysis Activity working Historical Context!
- Finish up our group presentations from Monday.
- Review the concepts and terms associated with rhetorical analysis.
- the rhetorical situation
- The Rhetorical Appeals-It Can Wait
- Go over the Critical Essay. Consider what skills we need to get this sucker turned in:
- Close reading skills -- what is close reading?
- Imaginative skills -- this assignment asks you to try to understand the writings, motivations, and purposes of a historical figure that you have probably NEVER heard of before. It asks you to imagine how this person's writing would have been received by the its audience back in the day of the 16th and 18th century.
- Thinking skills-analysis
- Quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing with proper MLA citation
- Planning and time management with Rough Draft due date.