I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best.
Writing Into the Day
- Section 3.3 Writing is Informed by Prior Experience
- Section 4.0 All Writers Have More to Learn
Strategies and Making Decisions --- Thinking Like a Writer
- Okay, it's time to INVOKE an audience for your Rhetorical Analysis
- What the what?
- What the heck?
- What's that you say?
Use Your Resources
- Seek Professional help -- your professors in LCE. Hell yes, go to office hours!
- Seek other sorts of help -- your friendly TAMUCC Writing Center! (Let's make an appointment now!)
- Checkout these spiffy MLA Sources:
Read the following piece: Shitty First Drafts by Anne Lamott
Answer the following questions in a new document in your Writing Folder:
- Is this piece of writing aimed at an academic audience? Please find 2 pieces of evidence that supports your answer to this question.
- What do think Lamott's purpose in writing this piece?
- In effect, Anne Lamott describes the writing process as a series of drafts with clever names. What are those steps in her writing process?