Indian Paintbrush - a Rite of Spring
Berlioz and Harriet
- Listening Log is DUE BY THE END OF THE DAY -- TODAY!
- Registration is coming up -- next week!
- Check to see if you have holds!
Tuesday Class Plans - Berlioz, Group Projects, and Time Management
- Hector Berlioz
- French Romantic Composer
- Symphonie Fantastique
- What does "Fantastique" mean in the nineteenth century?
- Harriet Smithson
- Idee Fixe
- The Group Projects
- Google Docs from Dr. Pool
- Group Project Assigment Description for Spring 2019 and the Major Assignment Components!
- APA Citation
- Time Management Tips
Looking Ahead and Homework
- Listening Log
- Group Project Work
- Prepping for Music Exam
- Registration opens next week! Have all your Ducks in a Row!
- HOLDS: Identify whether or not you have holds on your account that are going to prevent you from registering.
- CLEAR HOLDS: Take care of holds so that you are HOLDS FREE!
- ADVISING: Meet with your Academic Advisor and consult your degree planner.
- KEEPING YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE: Actively monitor your learning and coursework so that you make the best possible grades at the end of the semester!
- REGISTRATION: Develop a couple of different possible schedules for next semester with CRNs?.
Thursday Class Plans -- Learning Community G Global Goals
Learning Community G Theme and Goals for Spring 2019
This semester we are going to focus on the idea of “depth” in music, research, learning, intellectual engagement and community involvement. By the semester’s end, you should be “rolling in the deep” (thanks, Adele!), in the following ways:
- being mindful and engaged students - listening, thinking, researching, questioning, and reading
- appreciating and valuing music, art, and cultural/creative achievements in society and everyday life
- developing a sense of intellectual agency, self advocacy, and empowerment through learning and participating in a community
- Using music, creativity, and reflection to make discoveries about the self and the world
- Integrating, Transferring, and Synthesizing Learning across contexts and disciplines
- Social Responsibility -- What is that?
- Let's take a look at the "Art Song"!
- Registration Worksheet
- Group Project Powerpoint Do's And Don't's