Islanders are You Rewired?
To close our Spring Semester 2017, I would like us to reflect a bit on some of the things from this semester that we thought were especially significant and important.
Here are my top 5:
- The Arousal Theory of Motivation posits that increased levels of arousal will improve performance, but only up until the optimum level of arousal is reached. Arousal levels which exceed the "optimal" level result in a decline performance.
- Stress Management
- Mental Illness
- Conversations about Culture
- Maslow & Gratitude
Things to Remember
- Your Reflection for Seminar/Psychology is due on May 3rd in Blackboard!
- Complete your course evaluations! This information is important! Your voice matters! Please fill these out and share your experiences!
- Remember that your final paper for the Cultural Conversations is due on May 5th, the day of your Final Exam.
- One last bit of extra credit for Seminar! Go to the PAWS on the Island at the UC Lone Star Ballroom and the Mindful Labyrinth on the East Lawn to do a bit of Stress Management!
- Write a reflection that discusses and evaluates how these events affected your stress levels and how they affected your mental outlook. (approximately 1 page)
- Also, spend a few moments observing others (humans and animals) at the events. What did you notice about them? (approximately 1/2 to 1 page).
- Turn into Seminar Blackboard by Tuesday, at the end of the day.
- Please email me or swing by my office if you need help or have questions about your grades.