Writing Into the Day - Writing and Ideology
- 9:00 Class -- I found a pair of glasses and a black notebook in the classroom on Friday. Anyone missing these items?
- Islanders in Spain -- meeting for the Study Abroad Program
Starting the Writing Process for the Rhetorical Analysis with Prewriting
Working with some threshold concepts from NWWK
1.1 "Writing is a Knowledge-Making Activity" by Heidi Estrem.
- Questions for the Class:
- What is the writing process?
- What is prewriting?
- Thinking about the writing you did in class on Friday for the Frethorne document, would you say that this writing was "knowledge-making activity"? If yes, what knowledge did you gain?
- 3.0 "Writing Enacts and Creates Identities and Ideologies" by Tony Scott
Choose a Primary Source Document from your assigned Chapter.
Start working on the following prewriting activities:
If you take these prewriting activities seriously and work on them diligently, you will have EVERYTHING you need to put together a strong Rough Draft. Remember your 1st rough draft is due on 2/7