WITTD -Working in pairs, evaluate each other's homework from the AEC Handout and Table
You had the option of working with one of the following assertions:
- Assertion --The Articles of Confederation were weak.
- Evidence --
- Assertion -- This semester I have definitely relied on the Habits of Mind term, flexibility, to get through the semester.
- Evidence --
- Commentary --
- ATTENTION TO ANYONE RESEARCHING WOMEN OR AFRICAN AMERICAN MEN OF THE 19TH CENTURY (this is a lot of you folks) - THERE IS TALK ON HOW THESE PEOPLE USED THE PRACTICE OF QUOTATION THEIR WRITING --NOV. 2 AT 7 PM IN BAYVIEW 320 AT UNIVERSITY CENTER.
- Good Luck on studying for your history exam!
- Regarding class on Friday .... You are not required to come to class on Friday. However, I will be here for anyone who wishes to study or work on their individual portions of group project!
- EVERY GROUP MEMBER SHOULD MAKE PLANS TO COME SEE ME DURING OFFICE HOURS NEXT WEEK TO TALK ABOUT YOUR PRESENTATIONS!!!!
Learning and Activities for Today
Please read this document for the Blog Assignment. This assignment is due on November 29th by the end of the day. It is worth 100 points.
- The Rhetorical Situation Project: The Blog
- Here are some fun facts about this assignment:
- Your writing should focus on some aspect of your topic from the Research to Learn Project.
- However, you are free to choose what you want to focus on.
- Your goal or purpose is to have your writing go out into the world and make something happen.
- Your audience ---who is your target audience and how you shaping your message to them.
- You writing should rely on visual rhetoric and written work to convey your message.
- You should strive to use all the rhetorical appeals in this Blog post to convey your message.
- How are you going to show credibility? (Ethos)
- How are you going to use emotion in your words and images? (Pathos)
- How are you going to use logic and reasoning in your words and images? (Logos)
Let's Get to Work on Presentations!
- Individual Portions of the Group Project'''
- Each group should create a shared folder for Group Presentations.
- Group Manifesto and Planning!
- Using the First Year Symposium Template for presentations start writing out an outline of your individual presentation!
- Historical Context
- Body --Assertions, Evidence, and Commentary
- Primary Source Document Discussion
- Modern Day Connection
- The Conclusion