- Today (11/28th) - Be ready with a strong Oral Presentation and Poster. I have regular office hours in Classroom East 213C.
- Wednesday (11/29th) -- We have First-Year Symposium!
- Thursday -- Office Hours 12:00 to 3:15
- Friday -- Your new genre rough draft is due by midnight! Draft must show significant changes and revision!
- Monday, December 5th --Exam III in Large Lecture. Last class in all Learning Community E courses! Regular office hours for me.
- Monday, December 12th at 8:00 to 10:30 -- Composition Final Exam Time -- I will be available during this time if you want help with your portfolios and reflective essays.
Wednesday, December 14th The Learning Community E portfolio is due no later than 10:30 am on December 14th. Late work will NOT be accepted. We welcome early submissions of the portfolio starting on December 5th through December 14th.
Grading For Symposium Ground Rules
- Everyone should come to class on November 28th prepared to present their research and learning in their group presentations.
- Tri-fold Poster boards need to be professional in appearance and complete.
- This presentation event is a "dress rehearsal" for the main event on the 30th. This means you should dress sharp with business casual attire.
- Also, everyone should come to every class on this day because you will be needed as an audience and a peer reviewer for the other presentations.
- Missing Seminar, Composition, and/or 0399 will result in substantial deduction to your grade.
- Everyone will be asked to provide feedback to each presenter.
- Burnett's Brainstorming for Symposium
- Rubric for the Symposium Presentation
Presentations at 11:00
- The Consequences of Westward Expansion
- George Contreras
- Nathan Jenkins
- George Trejo
- Jacqui Sampson
- Victoria Paradero
- Desirae Cerda