Writing Into the Day
- One of the concepts we working with this semester in LCE is Writing Goes Out Into in the World and Makes Things Happen!
- What evidence can you provide from what you are studying in History that this is true. Please be specific as possible!
- What evidence can you provide from your own life that this is true? Please be specific as possible and let's think outside of the academic box!
- Everyone will need to bring their NWWK books to class on Wednesday for class reading discussion.
- Remember that you need to be actively researching your topic now to discover what focus you are going to pursue!
- Midterm Portfolio Assessment and Reflective Overview is due on Friday, October 20th, by midnight. Please submit a shareable link for this assignment to Blackboard.
Learning & Activities for Today
Working with Secondary Sources: The Scholarly Peer-Reviewed Source
- What are the key features of scholarly, peer-reviewed journal article?
- Get into your Writing Groups and come up with a list 5 features that you notice about this type of source.
- Source Review Sample
- What is a credible source?
- What are some factors that help us determine credibility?
Evaluating Web Sites/Sources:
Read in NWWK "Reflection is Critical for Writer's Development" By Kara Taczak on p. 78.
Read in the Information Literacy Framework --- Scholarship as Conversation.
- Continue working on your RO for the Midterm Portfolio Assessment
- Continue conducting research