- A Word or Two about the Norm-Busting Project and First-Year Symposium
- Please turn in the APA worksheet I handed out on Tuesday.
- Your Midterm Reflection is due by the end of the day in Blackboard
- I wanted to provide you with a few reminders for Thursday:
Your Midterm Reflection is due on Thursday by midnight in Blackboard. Here is the link in Wiki for that assignment: http://www.tamucc.edu/wiki/MidtermReflectionFor1302/142
- Please make certain that this document is formatted according to APA, which means that you should have a title page and a running head. This should be done correctly with no mistakes. Please google ---How do I create a title page and running head in APA if you don't know how or ask me or one of your APA savvy friends.
- Make certain you meet the minimum requirements for length --at least 3 full pages.
- Some of you are doing crazy stuff like centering you paragraphs. This is definitely a formatting faux pas and it will be heavily penalized. Pay attention to the little details!
And finally, I have short reading for you from the Gender Reader. "How Big Are Your Balls?" and "The High Cost of Manliness" by Robert Jensen. These two pieces are very short and they start on p. 124.
Ways to Look at Gender -- Gender Stereotypes
- "How Big Are Your Balls?"
- "The High Cost of Manliness" by Robert Jensen. These two pieces are very short and they start on p. 124.
Let's Do Some Work on Writing Project 2
- Access Your Research Log Template and Let's Start This Process of Inquiry!
- Please fill out your sets of research questions
- Media’s Construction of Gender: Research and Proposal
- Let's Look at the Library website: The Bell Library
- Scholarly Sources vs. Popular Sources
I will have Research Log Template Check on Tuesday! Please come prepared with your two sets of research questions and have 2 sources annotated for your annotated bibliography!
Please read in NWWK Sections 3.0 and 3.1 which starts on p. 48.