- Writing Center and Office Hour Visit!!!! Get them in!
5 Minute Reflection on Genre
- Based on activity in class on Friday, please explain the term, "genre."
- How do genres help writers out?
- What genres do you like to use and compose with on a daily basis?
- Reflect on your understanding and identify 2 questions that you have about genre.
Reflection on Your Topic and Primary Source Document -- Making Connections to the Here and Now
In answering the question why history matters, British historian, Penelope J. Corfield argues, "understanding the linkages between past and present is absolutely basic for a good understanding of the condition of being human. That, in a nutshell, is why History matters. It is not just 'useful', it is essential."
I want you to think about "linkages between past and present" that exist with your topic/primary source and today's world? Brainstorm some possibilities!
Midterm Portfolios - A Word or Two
- One of the problems that I saw in the Portfolios was that many of you did not stop to really and think about the Student Learning Outcome. So, let's practice this a little bit. Let's use Inquiry as a way to STOP, THINK, And REFLECT ON THE SLO!