Due in on Blackboard on November 3rd Look under Content for the Research Log and Proposal Folder.
In addition to the Research Log, you will be asked to write a proposal for your Writing Project 3. Your proposal should demonstrate the development of your thinking on your topic/media object/gender as a social construction and what your tentative plans for Writing Project 3.
Nuts and Bolts for This Document
- This document should be a minimum of 2 to 3 pages long.
- You will need to have an introduction, body, and a conclusion.
- Your audience for this document is your professor.
- APA formatting with title page and running head.
- This document is worth 75 points.
APA Title Page with correct running head throughout the document (5 points)
- provide a brief introduction that helps your readers to understand that they are going to be presented with some writing about how gender is constantly being constructed for us in media representations. You should also provide a "thesis statement" for your proposal. Your thesis statement should explicitly state what you are going to cover in your proposal. (20 points)
Step 2-Development of Thinking Part (20 points)
- Describe how your thinking about your topic evolved as the result of your analysis of your primary source (the specific media object) and your research. Also, describe how you used research questions in your research.
- Questions to Consider:
- Where did your research lead you?
- How did you research?
- What did you learn?
- What kinds of problems did you encounter while researching?
- How did you respond to those problems?
Step 3 - Let Me Know What You Are Going To Do In Writing Project 3 Media's Construction of Gender (worth 20 points)
- Name the specific media artifact you are closely analyzing.
- Explain why you think this artifact is a good primary source for the assignment.
- Explain what you want to tackle in your paper. What are going say about how media constructs gender?
- If possible, provide a working thesis statement and a list of possible main points.
Step 4 - Conclusion --One well-developed paragraph about the significance of your research and the research of others on gender and media. Provide strong topic sentence for this paragraph (10 points)