The Articles of Confederation:
- What was this document?
- What purpose did it serve?
- How did this document protect against tyranny from a national government?
- Was it a strong or weak?
- What were some of the accomplishments of the Articles?
- What were some weaknesses or limitations of this document?
- What caused Shay's Rebellion and what was the significance of this rebellion?
- Where was did this happen?
- What happened?
How did the Articles give way to the Constitution?
The Ratification Process for the Constitution: Federalists and Anti-Federalists
- Federalists - who were they? What did they stand for?
- Federalists Papers
- Anti-federalists -who were they? What did they stand for?
- What were the compromises?
- 3/5 compromise
- Virginia Plan and New Jersey Plan
- The Great Compromise
Interpreting the Constitution - Federalists and Republicans
- Alexander Hamilton's Ideas --Strong and Elite/Trade & Mercantilism & Manufacturing/Close Ties with Britain
- 5 point plan
- Jefferson's Ideas --Agrarian ideal/preferred France/More free speech/more democracy/freedom & equality
- 4 point plan
- Whiskey Rebellion
- Jay Treaty
- Alien & Sedition Act - very unpopular/Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions (states asserting their rights)