- Facilitation Sign-Up and Assignment Instructions
- Who needs a group???
- I LOVED THE WORK YOU DID WITH A PLACE AT THE TABLE WITH MARKERS, COLLABORATION, AND CREATIVE IMPULSES!!!
Facilitations and Exam Prep
- Here is the "skinny" on some things that I learned about the test prep from Dr. H.
- Dr. Huerta makes his own exam questions. This means he does NOT rely on the Mind Tap quiz bank of questions.
- Mind Tap quizzes serve the important function of giving you an incentive to read and engage with the readings so that you can come to Lecture with a basic understanding of the concepts and facts. (Oh yeah, there is that other important function --- that the Mind Tap quizzes helps you to amass points so that you get the best grade possible in POLS!)
- Make certain you take good notes about the examples Dr. Huerta provides in Lecture!
- Questions from the documentaries will focus on big picture ideas.
- Did "A Place at the Table" present the argument that food insecurity in America was primarily localized in remote, rural areas in America?
- What were some issues that were linked with food insecurity in "A Place at the Table"?
- A. public health, education, and funding for social programs like food stamps
- B. global warming, gun violence, and gentrification
- C. federalism, socialism, and communism
- Dr. Huerta allows you to create one 8 1/2 x 11 page of HANDWRITTEN NOTES for the exam. You can color-code it and write on the front and back! No typing or photocopied work is allowed!
Feedback on the First Round of Facilitation
- Both sections did a nice job of creating an activity that was fun and encouraged group interaction and learning.
What Theory did you choose for your upcoming assignment in Communications?
Study for Communication and good luck with your tests this week!