- Let's Meet our Peer Mentor: Eli Gonzalez
- Facilitation Sign-Up and Assignment Instructions
- Who needs a group???
- I need to hear from and see the following people for the Facilitations during Office Hours today or tomorrow!
Group 1 for 8:30
- Cinthia Hernandez
- Dustin Elizondo
- Luis Alvarez
- Joshua Garcia
Group1 for 9:30
Let's discuss the problem of hunger as a Wicked Problem
The Idea of the Wicked Problem
According to a Wikipedia article, a wicked problem is defined as "a problem that is difficult or impossible to solve because of incomplete, contradictory, and changing requirements that are often difficult to recognize. The use of the term "wicked" here has come to denote resistance to resolution, rather than evil. Moreover, because of complex interdependencies, the effort to solve one aspect of a wicked problem may reveal or create other problems." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicked_problem
Think about Hunger and Food Insecurity as it was portrayed in the documentarty as a Wicked Problem. Consider the following questions:
- What are some issues or factors that are associated with hunger in America? That is, what are the complex interdependencies associated with hunger that are portrayed in the film?
- Why is it hard to solve the problem of hunger in America, given the fact that we are the wealthiest nation in the history of the world?
- Let's do some mind mapping or bubble mapping with all of this!
- Tacos Not Bombs
- The Starbucks Survey and let's do some math.