For this piece of writing, you will translate your academic findings and conclusions from the WP3Critical Analysis into a new genre, designed to reach a specific, targeted audience.
It will be your job to consider how the information you have gathered and written about in your Critical Analysis can serve to help us understand something in today's world. Once you have established a connection, you need to choose a specific genre and target audience to send your writing out into the world and hopefully make something happen.
The idea here is to work with all the components of the rhetorical situation. You are the rhetor. Subsequently, you will need to make decisions about the following:
- Message and purpose: to demonstrate how your topic and primary source document can help understand a current issue, problem or cultural trend in today's society
- Selecting a target audience
- Selecting an appropriate genre
- Your rhetorical strategies for connecting with your audience
Depending on who your audience is, genres you may want to consider include:
- A blog post
- A newspaper opinion piece
- A letter to a key player/organization connected to your issue
- A magazine or newspaper article
- A pamphlet
It will be your job to research the chosen genre, and to follow the norms and conventions of that genre in your own writing.