Divide into groups of 4
Read the excerpt provided and answer the following:
- Who is the author? Who is the audience?
- What type of writing is it (persuasive, argumentative, or purely informational)?
- When was it written? What events were happening around the world at this time?
- Where was the document written? Where was the document sent (plays in to understanding your audience)?
- What was the purpose of the document?
- What does the document tell you?
- What information can you gather from this document?
- What conclusions can you affirm? - What is the meaning?
Once you are finished, be sure to write the names of your group members at top of the sheet with your answers and turn-in to me as an exit slip.