Questions, comments, concerns...
Reflection #2 Review
First-Year Symposium: Questions about what this is?
- Visual Rhetoric= sending a message/making an argument without even opening your mouth; rather it is using images to communicate messages. By carefully choosing images, colors, fonts and design to get your points across, the audience will be able to understand what your perspective is on a topic.
Let's put this together, shall we!?
- Think about your poster topic using the traditional questions that journalists use to tell a story: Who? Where? When? What? Why? How? Brainstorm some ideas. Exchange those ideas with a partner.
- How can you represent your paper's historical context/background visually? Ideas?
- How can you make a solid connection to your law visually? Ideas?
- Help one another to brainstorm some ideas! :)
- If time permits, make a mock drawing of your board.
- What is the title of the presentation?
- Discussion of "SEXY TITLES"
- Class discussion!
- Bring a draft of your Reflection #2 with you on Wednesday. We will be doing an in-class activity. If you don't have a complete draft, bring what you have.
- Reflection #2 due Friday, November 10th.
- I.A. due Monday, November 13th. - Hard Copy due in History!
- Mock Presentations (need to have your board mostly complete) are on Monday, November 20th.
- FYS is Friday, December 1st.
- Final Portfolio for Comp due Wednesday, December 6th.
- History Exam III is Wednesday, December 13th.