- Writing groups assemble! :)
Image Analysis Practice turn to p. 13 of your Contending Voices book.
Your task is to consider and answer the following questions:
- What is the context (historical background) of the image?
- What is the main idea that the image is trying to convey?
- Who is the intended audience? When this image is viewed by Spaniards (people outside of the discourse community), how did they react?
- When you first look at this image, what did you notice? At second/third glance, what did you notice that you didn't before?
- Would a written description of the massacre be as powerful as the image? Why would they choose to communicate with one another visually rather than a written description?