Classes such as History is a Humanities course which teaches certain skills that are transferable and even marketable in other fields of study (and for future employment).
Humanities courses encourages traits such as:
- The Use of Creative and Critical Thinking
- The Ability to Utilize Knowledge About the World Around Us
- Gaining an Understanding of the Human Experience
With a partner, choose one of these skills:
1) Think about our Triad theme - Viewing American History "complexly"
2) Illustrate how the skill you chose was most prevalent in this first third of the semester
- In other words, how did your view of History become more complex - use specific evidence
3) Explain how you can use this skill to understand (or contextualize/connect to) the present
- Here, I want you to think about modern day dilemmas in American society