Thu, September 14, 2017 through Sun, October 15, 2017 - In celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is hosting a variety of cultural events on campus on Thursday, Sept. 14 through Sunday, Oct. 15. All events (except “¿De Dónde?” theatre performance) are free and open to the public. For more information and full list of events, go to http://hispanicheritagemonth.tamucc.edu/ or email email@example.com.
Signature events include:
- Hispanic Heritage Month Kickoff: Thursday, Sept. 14, in the University Center, Anchor Ballroom from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Creating a Legacy - The Life of Dr. Hector P. Garcia: Wednesday, Sept. 20, from 2-3 p.m. in the University Center Lone Star Ballroom 142C
- Hispanic Health Fair: Tuesday, Sept. 26 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Dugan gym
- Setting Fire to la Frontera Pride Alliance Event: Wednesday, Sept. 27, from 6-8 p.m. in University Center Lonestar 142 A
- Tacos y Chingonas: Thursday, Oct. 5, from 6-7:30 p.m. in University Center Anchor Ballroom A
- Renato Ramirez Presentation: Tuesday, Oct. 10, at 6 p.m. in University Center Oso 221
Sat, September 16, 2017 - The Ward Island Wannabes, a non-profit music collective comprised of Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi faculty, students, and staff, are hosting a fundraiser to benefit the Women's Shelter of South Texas. The fundraiser will be held from 5-9 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 16, at Lazy Beach Brewery, 522 Bichon Dr. #100. The Ward Island Wannabes will headline the night, with special musical guests to include Special K, Antisocial Science and Bent Johnson’s String Band. Cash donations will be accepted and a portion of drink sales for the night will benefit the shelter. This is an all-ages, family friendly event and food trucks will be on site for food purchases. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or Beer@lazybeachbrewing.com.
Monday, September 18, 2017 - Constitution Day, 2017 event. 2-4pm in the UC Bayview Room #320 - "Food for Thought Provided"