Any questions, comments, or concerns?
Term of the day: encomienda
Let's do some reviewing:
- History - Any questions?
- Has anything stood out to you in the readings or in large lecture?
- How has your knowledge of North America's conquest changed?
- What countries landed in North America and how did their conquest(s) differ?
- Composition - Any questions?
- What is a discourse community?
- How does being a part of a d/c change one's outlook? - Is one's outlook dependent on their experience?
- What are the ways in which we can pinpoint "experience" in primary sources (writings, drawings, artwork, etc.)?
Visual Analysis of "Source 3: An Aztec View of the Temple Massacre" (ca. 1550)
- Read and take notes!
- When are Bluebooks due?
- Your History Quiz is February 2nd!
- Your first written assignment (WP1 252 and 253) is due February 28th by 2pm at the beginning of History.
*SI Session Schedule with Daniel Yzaguirre
- MON – 4:00 PM – 4:50 PM CI (Center for Instruction) 122
- WED – 10:00 AM – 10:50 AM CI 112
- TR – 5:00 PM – 5:50 PM CI 128
- Office Hours
- (Office hours will be held in CASA – Glasscock Building – Check with the front desk for room location)
- MON – 1:00 PM – 2:00PM
- TUES – 10:00AM – 11:00AM
- WED – 12:00PM – 1:00PM