Booker T. Washington's Atlanta Compromise Speech
- Today we're going to re-read Washington's speech with a more critical eye.
- What do we learn about the South in 1895 from this document?
- What does the document tell us about how freed slaves were perceived in society?
- What can we learn about race relations during this time period?
- Can you connect Washington's views to contemporary views on race relations in the United States?
Primary Source Analysis
- Let's take a look at Dr. Costanzo's primary source analysis assignment on BlackBoard.
- Do you have any questions about it?
- Use the remaining class time to begin working on this.