Yes, another Reflection (I'm having you do this for several reasons 1: metacognition 2: this is Portfolio material!)
Today, I want you to reflect back on the past couple of months as a University student. Like the previous reflective assignment, please write at least a page telling me:
- 1. How do you feel you did on the exam? Were you prepared?
- 2. Did you do anything differently for this exam? (new method of studying?, attend SI, flashcards, ??)
- 3. You are mid-way through the semester, what is something you have learned about yourself as a student?
- 4. Do you feel that you have grown as a writer?
- 5. What are some of the things you struggled with in the first half of the semester?
- 6. How do you plan to overcome these struggles? or Do you feel you have overcome this struggle?
- 7. What do you plan to do differently (if anything) in the coming weeks to improve?
- 8. And, what can I do to further help you?
- Which do you like better; splitting up into groups to prepare for the essays or going over the information as an entire class?
FYI We have only 8 more seminar classes left!!! But before you get all giddy with excitement, please realize that you still have a major paper due for Comp (Friday, November 13th), your First-Year Symposium (Friday, November 20th), your Portfolio (due Monday, November 30), and one History Exam (Wednesday, December 9th) left.