Welcome to Seminar!
Let's take a moment for Mindfulness!
The Power of Reflection!
- Let's read some excerpts from The Power of Reflection by Stephen Fleming
- In your groups, please respond to the following questions:
- What did you find interesting in this article?
- What does the author assert about metacognition?
- How can you strengthen your metacognitive abilities?
- Why is it important to strengthen these abilities?
Seminar Midterm Reflection Prep!
Get out a sheet of paper and respond to the following prompts:
- Please describe your current level of satisfaction in the three areas of wellness that you have chosen to work on this semester. Use a scale of 1-10!
- What has gotten you to this current level? What progress have you seen? What challenges have you faced?
- What has worked well for you? What has not worked well for you?
- How might you need to change or edit your activities to better meet your goals or to further your goals the second half of the semester?
- Thursday (3/2) Seminar will meet in the library for a research session to get your group started on your court case research. Attendance is mandatory. Here are the locations for the library session:
- 9:00am Class: LIC 1
- 10:00am Class: LIC 1
- 11:00am Class: LIC 1
- 2:00pm Class: LIC 2 (upstairs)
- Facilitation Group #3 needs to schedule their Group Conference with me for next week. Every member of the group needs to be present at the meeting. You must bring a completed lesson plan to the meeting or I will not meet with you.
- Your Seminar Midterm Reflection is next Thursday (3/9). This will be an in-class midterm so make sure that you attend class on that date!
- On-going Extra Credit Opportunity: Attend a meeting or event connected to the workings of the local government (i.e. City Council meetings, campaign events, etc.). To get extra credit, attend the event and write up a one page synopsis describing the event, your experience, and something that you learned from attending. Your extra credit synopsis can be turned in during Seminar. Email submissions are not accepted. Each submission is worth one point. You can accrue up to five points for this extra credit opportunity.