- Thursday, September 5 - First Day of Class/Introductions; Blackboard; "Learning to Read"; Introduce Literacy Narrative Assignment
- Tuesday, September 10 - BB Post-"Learning to Read" by 8am; Writing Center Workshop - "Strategies for Successful College-Level Writing"; "The Joy of Reading and Writing: Superman and Me"
- Thursday, September 12 - BB Post-"The Joy of Reading and Writing: Superman and Me"; Writing Processes - Brainstorm for Literacy Narrative; Reading Strategies and Techniques; "Sponsors of Literacy"
- Tuesday, September 17 - BB Post - "Sponsors of Literacy" by 8am; Writing Processes - Planning, Outlining, Drafting; "Shitty First Drafts"
- Thursday, September 19 - BB Post - "Shitty First Drafts" by 8am; Integrating Sources; Documentation Style & Formatting - MLA; "The Future of Literacy"
- Friday, September 20 - Literacy Narrative Draft DUE by 5 pm
- Tuesday, September 24 - BB Post-"The Future of Literacy" by 8am; Writing Processes-Revising and Editing
- Thursday, September 26 - In-class Peer Review
- Friday, September 27 - Literacy Narrative Essay DUE by 5pm
- Tuesday, October 8 -
- Thursday, October 10 -
- Friday, October 11? - Navigating Sources that Disagree Draft Due by 5pm
- Tuesday, October 15 -
- Thursday, October 17 -
- Friday, October 18? - Navigating Sources that Disagree Essay DUE by 5pm
- Tuesday, October 22 - Introduce Ethnography of Discourse Community Assignment
- Thursday, October 24 -
- Tuesday, October 29 -
- Thursday, October 31 - Writing Center Workshop - "Ethnography of Discourse Communities"
- Tuesday, November 5 -
- Thursday, November 7 -
- Friday, November 8? - Annotated Bibliography DUE by 5pm
- Tuesday, November 19 -
- Thursday, November 21 -
- Friday, November 22? - Ethnography of Discourse Community Draft DUE by 5pm
FINAL EXAM Thursday, December 12 from 8:00am-10:30am