- Journal Entry
- Introduction to Threshold Concepts
- Discussion of Concept 1: Writing is a Social and Rhetorical Activity
- Create groups for Rhetorical Presentations
- Activity- get in groups and begin brainstorming for group Facilitations to be given Wednesday, September 7th.
- In your groups, locate & analyze the rhetorical situation of a written document or article.
- Facilitate a lesson and discussion about ethos, pathos, or logos and analyze the text.
- Questions to consider:
Explain the rhetorical situation. What is the context?
What is the exigence/need?
Who/what is the rhetor/author? Are they credible?
Who is the audience of the piece?
Was the author's argument persuasive? Why or why not?
- Each group must be prepared to give a 10 minute facilitation to the class on Wednesday, September 7.
Reminders for Wednesday, August 31st: