- Questions, comments, concerns, announcements
- Turn in 50-word summary on Chapter 5
- Turn in Sustainability Topic and Argument Proposal (worth 5/100 pts. on Position Paper)
- Chapter 5 - Interests Groups
Chapter 5 - Interests Groups
- The Class will break off into groups.
- Each group will assume the respective characteristic of the political party/faction: Democrat, Republican, Conservative Democrat, Evangelical.
- The party/faction will take a position or create and argument on an issue. This position or argument will be representative of their respective character.
- The party/faction will then locate an interest group(s) that fulfills or benefits their perspective on the issue. The interest group will serve as a conduit into the political arena. What type of interest group?
- Each group will present its findings and results.
* The purpose of this activity is to illustrate the function of interests groups. The activity also serves as a model for the process to gather and research information for your position paper.
Homework: Wednesday February 20
- APA/Annotated Bibliography Workshop: Meet In CASA Writing Center Glasscock Room 112
Homework: Friday February 22
- Acquaint w/Chapter 14 - Local Governments
- Reading Reaction #4 Due by 10 am