Welcome back, Triad E'rs !
Questions, Comments, Concerns?
- Set up
- Writing groups must locate and visit Dr. Wooster & Ms. Bray during their office hours by Friday, September 14.
- Each group member must come up with two questions to ask Dr. Wooster and Ms. Bray.
Bust out your Critical Essay drafts!
- Thesis Statement
- Address 5 elements for critical essay
- Find a partner
- On a separate sheet of paper, write down your partner's name.
- Take a few minutes and discuss with your partner how you approached writing your draft.
Your task: Peer review your partner's paper. Do not comment on punctuation, capitalization, and grammar.
- Can you identify the theme of the paper?
- Are ideas presented in a clear manner?
- Is the paper organized in an effective manner?
Reflect on the comments you just recieved. On your draft, answer the following question:
- How will you use the feedback you've been given to improve your paper?
The Great Awakening
Blue Books Due by Monday, September 21
- Shots Heard Around the World; CE, 151-160
- CV Chapter 4, "The Price of Patriotism: Jonathan Sewall and John Adams"
- Critical Essay Due at Large Lecture