- Journal Entry
- Rhetorical Breakdown-Commercials
- Discuss "Rhetorical Situations and Their Constituents" by Keith Grant-Davie (pp.347-64)
- The Rhetorical Situation -Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
- Continue Organizing Rhetorical Facilitations
Reminders for Tuesday, September 30:
- Group Facilitations for Rhetorical Situations
- In your groups, locate & analyze the rhetorical situation of a book, movie, or speech.
- Facilitate a lesson and discussion about ethos, pathos, or logos and analyze the words and images within the piece.
- Questions to consider:
Explain the rhetorical situation. What is the context?
What is the exigence/need?
Who/what is the rhetor/author? Are they credible?
Who is the audience of the piece?
Was the author's argument persuasive? Why or why not?
- Be prepared to give a 10 minute facilitation to the class on Tuesday, September 30.