- Questions, comments, concerns...
- Discuss Everything is an Argument
- Reading Strategies
- Locating Quotes and Writing Responses
Rhetorical Analysis Assignment
Discussion on "Everything is an Argument"
Reading Strategies These are techniques to foster a better understanding for reading.
- Teach critical reading overtly: "When you read this, think about XXX." Give a purpose to reading.
- Questioning: prompts, quizzes, etc.
- Modeling: Reading aloud in class. Talk about how you're reading. What are you thinking? "think aloud protocol"
- Intensive Strategies: Reading guides built of statements, not questions.
- Discourse Synthesis
Locate and apply Intensive Strategy to a quote:
- Introduce topic or idea. Each person has their own distinct interpretation and perspective.
- Utilize quote
- Explain quote with connection, example, or experience
Frame Chapter 6: Rhetorical Analysis (pg. 90-107)
Reminders for Thursday, January 30:
- Read: Chapter 6: Rhetorical Analysis (pg. 90-107)