- Questions, comments, concerns, announcements
- State of the Semester
- Reflection Feedback
State of the Semester
- Assignments Discussion
- Intensive Strategies: Reading guides built of statements, not questions.
a. Level 1: Reading the lines (main ideas) - true/false, factual information, w/page reference
b. Level 2: Read between the lines (inference) - This is valid or not. Provide evidence to support.
c. Level 3: Read beyond the lines. Students make connections to other readings, course content or lived experience. Students must provide evidence to support.
- Quote: The manuscript his wife called "the babe which he had dandled twenty years and more" finally left his lap, to toddle off into history" (125).
- 2013 New Words
- Each person will define words and use the word in their own sentence.
- In groups, compare definitions and create an objective dictionary definition
- The purpose of this is to understand how different definitions exist...and how subjectivity can inflect definitions.
Homework - Thursday March 21:
- History Read:
- Composition Research Journal 1 Due
- Seminar Write: