- Questions, comments, concerns...
- 3 Models of Mass Media
- Framing the Media
3 Models of Mass Media
- Gatekeeper Model
- Propaganda Model
- Cultural Studies Model
What does it mean to "Frame" an issue?
The ways in which the media can "Frame" an issue means "an intentional distortion of what happened... it is more than a process of interpreting selected events, it is the process of creating events." ~ Charlotte Ryan
Let's take a closer look at a couple of videos that frame some social issues:
Dog Rescues Another Dog - Cultural Resonance
- How are these news media shows "framed"?
- How might these shows shape an individuals perspective of the world?
- Read:"Misperceptions, the Media, and the Iraq War" (pp.237-256)
- Post: RW#8 on Blackboard by 9am