- Prompt - In class journal
- Discuss "Directions: Read, Write, Rewrite. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 as Needed" by Susan Sontag (315-318)
- The Writing Process
Reflect on your writng process up to this point?
How does brainstorming help in the process? Drafting? Organizing?
Incorporate Susan Sontag in your response.
Literacy Narrative Drafts
- Thesis Statement
- Find a partner
- On a separate sheet of paper, write down your partner's name.
- Take a few minutes and discuss with your partner how you approached writing your draft.
Your task: Peer review your partner's paper. Do not comment on punctuation, capitalization, and grammar.
- Can you identify the thesis for the paper?
- Are ideas presented in a clear manner?
- Is the paper organized in an effective manner?
Reflect on the comments you just recieved. On your draft, answer the following question:
- How will you use the feedback you've been given to improve your paper?
9/13 MEET IN WRITING CENTER for PEER REVIEW WORKSHOP
HOMEWORK DUE 9/13:
- Bring to workshop
Complete draft (3-5 pages) of Literacy Narrative