- Prompt - In class journal
- Discuss "Directions: Read, Write, Rewrite. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 as Needed" by Susan Sontag (315-318)
- The Writing Process
Reflect on your writng process up to this point?
How does brainstorming help in the process? Drafting? Organizing?
Incorporate Susan Sontag in your response.
Literacy Narrative Drafts
- Thesis Statement
- Find a partner
- On a separate sheet of paper, write down your partner's name.
- Take a few minutes and discuss with your partner how you approached writing your draft.
What was your process?
How much time did you spend on this paper?
What did you do differently with this draft?
Your task: Peer review your partner's paper. Do not comment on punctuation, capitalization, and grammar.
- Can you identify the thesis for the paper?
- Are ideas presented in a clear manner?
- Is the paper organized in an effective manner?
Reflect on the comments you just recieved. On your draft, answer the following question:
- How will you use the feedback you've been given to improve your paper?
9/13 MEET IN WRITING CENTER for PEER REVIEW WORKSHOP
HOMEWORK DUE 9/13:
- Bring to workshop
Complete draft (3-5 pages) of Literacy Narrative
Literacy Narrative Due Friday 9/14 by 11:59 PM