- Literacy Narrative ePortfolio Reflection
- Introduction to Rhetoric & the Rhetorical Situation
Frame "Rhetorical Situations and Their Constituents" by Keith Grant-Davie (pp. 347-64)
- Activity- get in groups and begin brainstorming for group Facilitations to be given Tuesday, September 30.
- In your groups, locate & analyze the rhetorical situation of a book, movie, or speech.
- Facilitate a lesson and discussion about ethos, pathos, or logos and analyze the words and images within the piece.
- Questions to consider:
Explain the rhetorical situation. What is the context?
What is the exigence/need?
Who/what is the rhetor/author? Are they credible?
Who is the audience of the piece?
Was the author's argument persuasive? Why or why not?
- Be prepared to give a 10 minute facilitation to the class on Tuesday, September 30.
Reminders for Thursday, September 25
- Read "Rhetorical Situations and Their Constituents" by Keith Grant-Davie (pp.347-64)