- Questions, comments, concerns?
- Let's put these in order!
Essays, Essays -- Tips on How to Write a Good Essay Response
Now that you have begun the process of learning the history jargon, let's try something else...
What Dr. Wooster looks for in a well written essay....
After writing your first critical essay, you all know that a strong essay offers supporting details and evidence !
- Pair and Share!
Each of you will recieve SLA #1 back in return.
50% of your grade came from you putting a genuine effort on completing your essay outline for History. The other 50% is coming from your genuine effort today in correcting your writing. There should be plenty of corrections made on your paper today since no essay is perfect. Your corrections today should be made in a color of ink that is different than the one you used to do the outline originally. This means that when you return the paper to me at the end of class, I should see plenty of marks if you want the other 50% of the grade.
Some of you read on the syllabus that you will be required to provide blue books for history. That's right!
Here is what you need to know:
- Before Monday., September 17th please bring three blue books to seminar!
- NO NOT WRITE YOUR NAME ON THEM - I will have a checklist to keep track of who has turned it in.
- It will count as a seminar participation grade.
- You can purchase them at the campus bookstore, the Islander bookstore, and even H-E-B.
Blue Books will be due in Seminar next Monday, Sept.17th.